A national electronic health records (EHRs) survey in the United States showed that 89.9% of office-based physicians use EHR or EMR (electronic medical record) systems.
This figure suggests that many practicing physicians see a significant advantage in using EMRs or EHRs, especially when providing patient care.
A reliable EMR platform can assist physicians in diagnosing and treating various diseases like cancer.
One of the rare cancer types is mesothelioma, a disease that occurs in the tissue surrounding the lungs and abdomen. The Mesothelioma Group website contains useful information about mesothelioma to help physicians diagnose and treat the symptoms of this disease.
How does an EMR platform benefit a practicing physician? Is Praxis EMR a reliable and efficient EMR platform that can help with a physician’s needs?
This article discusses the advantages of Praxis EMR and how it can benefit physicians. The write-up also explains how an EMR platform helps physicians in general.
Studies show that electronic medical records (EMRs) have a beneficial effect on the work lives of family physicians and how these healthcare professionals provide patient care.
In one survey, 75% of the physicians who were asked shared that they use EMRs. The research also detailed how most doctors who use these records reported improved professional practices.
Additionally, 65% of the surveyed doctors said they had better patient care after implementing electronic records.
Clinical benefits of EMRs reported by survey respondents include:
- Improved availability of laboratory results
- Remote access to patient charts
- Alerts for possible medication errors
- Reminders for preventive care
EMRs are health records that allow physicians to exchange health information electronically to provide clients with higher quality and safer patient care.
EMRs assist healthcare providers in managing and caring for patients by:
- Providing complete, accurate, and updated patient information at the point of care
- Enabling quick access to a patient’s medical records
- Sharing electronic information securely with patients and other healthcare providers
- Helping physicians diagnose patients more effectively
- Improving patient and physician communication and interaction
- Enabling physicians to prescribe medications safely and more reliably
- Promoting complete and legible documentation and accurate billing
- Enhancing privacy and security of patient data
- Helping physicians improve their productivity and work-life balance
- Helping healthcare providers improve efficiency and meet business goals
- Reducing costs through improved safety, decreased paperwork, and less testing duplication
EMRs contain a patient’s legal health information, like lab results, prescriptions, and details of hospital or clinic visits. EMRs can also assist healthcare team members in providing care to cancer patients in the following ways:
- Finding and sharing patient information is made more convenient
- Reading documents becomes more efficient since they are not handwritten
- Storing and backing up files is made available so the data does not get lost
Cancer patients can also benefit from EMRs by:
- Preventing medical errors: EMRs can help lessen potential medication errors. Typewritten records are easier to read than handwritten ones.
EMRs can also alert the healthcare team if a patient has allergies to specific medications or if a drug a patient currently takes has an adverse interaction with another drug.
- Reduce wait times for clinic visits, lab tests, and prescriptions: Patients don’t need to fill out the same paperwork each time they visit a clinic or a hospital. When EMR is available, healthcare team members no longer need to search through physical files for the required information.
- Give patients more time with their clinician: When a physician has easy access to a patient’s medical records and history, the healthcare professional can accommodate and answer the patient’s queries.
Thousands of healthcare professionals continue to use and support Praxis EMR because of its benefits in medical practice. The success of this platform has led to several awards and accolades from respected organizations.
AmericanEHR Partners, partly managed by the American College of Physicians, ranked Praxis EMR at first place for 10 consecutive years from 2012 to 2021 for the following criteria:
- User Satisfaction
- Overall Usability
- Workflow Management
- Order Management
- Support Experience
- Population Management
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) also ranked Praxis EMR as the number one electronic health record (EHR) in user satisfaction surveys.
Praxis EMR has maintained this AAFP ranking for 12 consecutive years. This achievement is a testament to the platform’s dedication to providing the highest level of satisfaction among physicians.
Some Praxis EMR users received the HIMSS Davies award for EMR excellence. This prestigious award recognizes individuals who demonstrated excellence in implementing and providing value through health information technology, specifically EHRs.
These awards show that Praxis EMR can contribute to a physician’s ability to provide quality healthcare, including ambulatory care, management, functionality, technology, and return on investment.
Furthermore, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has accredited Infor-Med Corporation, the provider of Praxis EMR, with a rank of A+. This rating shows that the company is among the most trusted businesses in the United States.
Physicians interested in how Praxis EMR can help in their practice can call 800-985-6016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a demo.
- Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records (EMRs/EHRs)
- Do electronic medical records improve quality of care?
- National Physician Survey: EMR use at 75%
- How Do Electronic Medical Records Help Cancer Care?